27 August 2006

Is it 100% cotton?

I always aspire for my baby sis to never grow up? Or rather to not grow up too quickly?
I wished her world was about real wooden toys, running in open fields, climbing trees etc etc. You know what I consider as a proper childhood? At least that's what I think childhood ought to be IF I ever had kids of my own.

BUT Kyl-linn's surely growing up real fast and it saddens me when we cannot protect her from the evils of the modern world. However, she does say the most unexpected of things you would not expect to hear from a 4-year old. Below is dialogue between Kyl-Linn, mummy and her teacher at nursery school:

Another attempt by mum to get KLL to be less anti-social and take part in school activities:
-----
K: Mummy, I am not going for any school excursions because all the other children have a special T-shirt that they wear to these excursions.

M: Is that true? We'll go and buy one from the nursery tomorrow then.

M: Teacher, could we buy one of those excursion T-Shirts? Kyl-linn feels very left out as she does not have the T-shirt the other kids wear to excursions.

T: Of course. So sorry - I did not know she does not have one.

K: Is the T-shirt made of 100% cotton?

----
That's my 4-year old sister for you! Could you actually be angry with her? And where on earth does she learn to say such things?

As much as we wished for her to grow up in a "normal" mannner, I guess it's the society we live in today that dictates how quickly our children no longer become children anymore. In Kyl-Linn's case, you cannot help but wonder if it's because she's got 2 very eccentric sisters and a "mad" mum!
Haha

No comments: