04 August 2006

The Driving Theory Test Day

When you are actually not working, it's funny how time seems to pass so quickly.
Wake up, check email, have a coffee, MSN May Yee, check more email.
Logon to Bloomberg, scan through the dailies, Theresa MSNs and says we'll catch up over coffee. Then Boom! Its 12noon. Time to head off to Borough Market for lunch.

AS I'm attempting to step out of my flat, O&DK says they might see me there! Oui!

O&DK - such a lovely couple. O's the cool one (the one that wears the pants she says) and DK despite his playboy appearances, is actually quite a sensible and grounded person. It's nice to just hang out with like-minded people and really live the life of The Blessed One.

O & moi shopped around for her rabbit diet and I sat her down in one of my regular cafes and just chatted about how lucky we actually are to be able to lead this leisurely life of ours. We discovered if we were prescribed retail therapy by Dr DK, it'd be quite disasterous on his pocket and mine!
And also O & moi are really close to our family! It's warming to be meeting new people that still value the family as a important social unit. Sadly, this is evanescent in our modern society we live in...maybe that's why the both of us do actually click.

3ish I hopped off to Holyrood St to complete the most important task of my week - the Driving Theory Test. And as with all tests, big/small, important/unimportant, butterflies abound in my tummy.

Back to Borough Market and as I've got a no-show sms from T, I decided maybe some food shopping at The Ginger Pig will not harm. I bought the most amazing piece of ribeye pork ("char siew" quality) and was immmediately salivating: thinking about the char siew that I can make out of that beautiful piece of meat. And bought some pork ribs, chicken frames and some rump steaks. I promised the butcher I'll bring him some of my char siew if it's any good.
Haha...

Also picked up some salad leaves and Serrano Ham from Brindisa for tonight's dinner (I'm trying to cut down on my expenses so giving El Pirata a miss today).
Life's never been so good...I'm not going to fancy restaurants but I'm happy.

On my way home, and in fact throughout the day, the question that T posed to me on MSN kept coming back to "haunt" me. Can I actually give up the Past life? Is that what I actually want? T's doubtful and thinks otherwise.

I must say: I'm not sure at all.

BUT what I know is that I'm a much happier person, I'm taking miniscule steps to move outside of my comfort zone (O: an irrational deed a day, keeps cynicism at bay) and trying to lead the simple life again.(not Paris Hilton way of course!)

Words that mean something to me
Borough Market - somewhere I always wanted to shop regularly but due to mad working hours and unfulfilling Saturdays of the past life, never quite got round to doing so. I'm now frantically making up for lost time.

Past life - the lifestyle I've chosen to leave behind.

No comments: