06 August 2006


Fruitstock : Woodstock

Another year, another glorious summer... That's what Fruitstock is about and that is what London is to me.

I fall in love with London ALL over again when it comes to summer. The annual free festival "Fruitstock marks the pinnacle of MY summer in London.
It almost seems like that's when I renew my vows to this wonderful city. It reminds me why I love it so much, what life is about really - good company, friends, glorious weather, quirky people, great food, good music and all things innocent and nice!

This year's no exception. Especially since I had a cracking time with "Horn Hou Cheung" and his other half discussing the selling points of a Black and White and how we can create the most "in" drink of the Chinese partying community in London. Never be without a Black and White! Haha... flippant talk is always good.


And as with all happy times, the day ended prematurely with the rumble of JK's tummy calling for a proper dinner despite having been eating for the past 3 hours at Fruitstock. He claims the waft from the barbecue stall has activated the gastric glands in his tummy causing what we call "wai sek" (JK's claims its hunger). But having said that, it was almost 9pm so maybe it is time for dinner! Sigh...the long summer days do mess up eating times quite badly.

And where did we head off to?Chinatown! Again, it's just that one other factor that makes London quite so desirable to me really. Mayflower - voted by moi as the best Chinese in Chinatown. We had the Shaoxing steamed crab with rice vermicelli "nam yu" pork chops and garlic stems with lily bulb and squid cake. Yummy! That's what we call life...

It's just one of those days that seem to make London quite so appealing and that's exactly why I miss London when I'm back home!

Words that mean something to me
Black and White - a shot glass worth of "dao fu far" and "chee mah wu". It's going to be big!!!

1 comment:

ChooiYEe said...

looks like a fun afetrnoon. hey you look like cut-and-pasted onto both pix...