13 August 2006

The delights of temping

I decided last week over a phone conversation with the recruitment agency (she called me at 9am on a Monday) that I will take on a temping job as a PA in a Private Bank for 2 weeks. Temping - an entirely different world to what I've been used to in the past 4 years. The pay's OKAY. I mean the girl's got to pay for her food and shopping right?

However, what I've learnt is the following:


  • It's great to be working as a PA IF you know that it's not your job FOR LIFE as a PA
  • St. James Street as your workplace is detrimental to your purse - I spent my week's wages in advance in the first lunch break! HAHA
  • Work that requires so little brain-power and actually pays you to do minimal work is fab. BUT 2 weeks is probably the most I can be bothered with - really.
  • I now truly understand the phrase: "It's just a job"
  • Timesheets/hourly wages/faxes/binding machines....
  • Also, never work for someone that feels threatened of your presence. Even if it's just for 2 weeks.
  • Fortnum & Masons do nice chocs. Aspreys make fab clothing and Celine - pretty bags!

Again I am reminded of how blessed I am to be in the position to do this job with relative ease and that the money I earn is not for making ends meet but rather, is just extra shopping money! Keeps me grounded really! Lalalalala.....






3 comments:

ChooiYEe said...

great to see you on the blog and get can updated...so that i can update the rest over here =)

have fun while you can! =)

ChooiYEe said...

sorry, i had so many typos that i cannot undertstand what i was writing in my earlier comment...miss ya!

ChooiYEe said...

i heard about waht happened to your 1st pay!