26 October 2006

Test Recipes and reports

LING PATISSERIE kicks off with ONE order from Postcard Teas owner Tim D'Offay. Tim has been very helpful and encouraging with the concept of LING PATISSERIE and it's during these difficult start-up times that you need to meet people like Tim. So friends and family, do go and "幫 稱" and buy my cakes and cookies!

Lots of things to do when you're setting up a business (or trying to do so) and I'm learning along the way.
  • Working in isolation is a new concept to me. Sometimes I do not speak to anyone for days (that's difficult - given MSN and email. IF you consider that as speaking) and that's new too.
  • Recipe testing and creations is not masak-masak. You bake you eat, you beg friends to take them off you. Sometimes you get annoyed when things do not turn out the way they should be.
  • You decide on 4-5 types of products, you have to start thinking of marketing them, creating labels, packaging, transport, the works.

  • You learn to do most things yourselves (why pay?) - Adobe Illustrator (bleed, trim marks dpi, ppi...wow!

I've posted some pictures of the recipes I've tested and some of the stuff I'm going to be selling.

Matcha Langues De Chat - these have been very popular. See the packaged result!







Matcha and Adzuki Bean mousse cake



Banana Bread - at the request of Tango! (I like banana bread too but just needed a feeble excuse to bake it)



1 comment:

gracevine said...

Babes! I think this is a brilliant idea! Ditch the MBA and go bake! Wish I could get some of your stuff - yums!